Summary: The Fitness Technician will greet and direct members, guests and staff as they enter the gym. This position will provide assistance to members along with inquiries about gym operations and policies, as well as perform various administrative duties.
This detail-oriented individual will possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both staff and members. Basic understanding of customer service, hygienic needs (cleaning) computer skills required.
Essential Functions: Must be able to communicate effectively face to face and occasionally through phone and email. Must be self-motivated to provide strong customer service and cleaning of equipment and bathrooms multiple times daily.
- Enthusiastically greets each members and guests promptly using the proper greeting for time of day to create a friendly positive entrance and departure to and from the gym.
- Provides security and control to the front door of the facility.
- Personally checks each member into the gym using the proper check-in procedures.
- Register all guests into the gym using proper registration procedures.
- Responds immediately to member requests, inquiries and concerns.
- Maintain neat appearance and wear proper attire while on duty.
- Attends all staff meetings as directed.
- Cleans and maintains all areas according to Company standards.
- Follow proper opening and closing procedures as instructed in the FDA training manual.
- Follows and reports any safety concerns.
- Notifies management of gym incidents that requires incident reports.
- Performs other reasonable work assignments as directed by the Gym General Manager and/or Operations Supervisor to include but not limited to light cleaning and picking up of weights.